www.flickr.com

20050515

Metro Trains


Metro Trains
Originally uploaded by teotwawki.
A sign for Newcastle's underground system (which is cleaner and more efficient than the London tube).

Having been in London for the majority of this weekend, I have recent, first hand experience. I wanted to take the Northern line northbound today but it was closed from Belsize Park to Edgeware.

One difference between the two underground systems: in London I saw a few people with beer cans or bottles.

Nothing wrong with that, necessarily - but on the Newcastle Metro it's (at least according to several prominently placed posters I saw on my way to the airport) an arrestable offence to have an open container of alcohol.

Enough waffle for tonight - I got off the plane about an hour ago and need to get some sleep.

No comments: