www.flickr.com

20050601

Whiskey City


Whiskey City
Originally uploaded by teotwawki.
Scottish Parliament:
where people mouth off, suck up
and manipulate?

Back on April 1st* I posted a photo (accompanied by some bad Dutch) taken from exactly the same spot with my Canon A200. This is what it looks like from another angle. At least - I think that's the Scottish Parliament, rather than a dilapidated block of flats.

* Translation: Where has the time gone this year? I took a lot photographs on a recent visit to Edinburgh and this was clearest day with the most sunshine. This is the Scottish Parliament, which cost a ridiculous amount of money. I assume that massive quantities of Scotch must have been consumed in the planning stages, since the design of the building could only have been devised in a state of extreme intoxication. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't - this is the least visually offensive part of the building.

p.s. This is what the haiku is referring to. And why does the Scottish Parliament have security cameras? In case someone steals paperweights from the gift shop.

Only joking. It's not THAT bad. It's just a bit of a disappointment.

No comments: