www.flickr.com

20050607

Prudhoe


Prudhoe
Originally uploaded by teotwawki.
A painted wooden sign marking the edge of a village in Northumberland.

I've always been a bit particular about my favourites page on Flickr. If you choose too many, the photos are split into two pages; I'd miss the ones I enjoy seeing most.

Keeping my favourites to one page forces me to choose only photos I think are exceptional and have some resonance, however obscure or personal. It distills the best and helps me to explore the directions that I would like to take my own photography.

Like the quote on my Flickr profile page suggests, I believe it's important to feel that poignancy in a photo, however casual or unsophisticated the image may appear at first.

This blog is, in a similar way, my 'shotgun' approach to exploring photography. By carrying a camera (even one as crude as the Espion) everywhere, taking photos at every opportunity and posting every day, I don't expect to learn technical brilliance - but I do feel like I'm learning something.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'd agree. I think it's great that you take a picture a day!