www.flickr.com

20050327

Egg

******** NOTE FOR ARCHIVE READERS ********

Dear reader, thank you for your interest and dedication in searching back though these archives.

For weeks* I have hated this photo more than any on Espion Daily and for weeks I have been putting off doing anything about it.

The reason it is no longer visible: I hated it and I deleted it because it was rubbish.

Not just the acceptable kind - the kind I post when I am having a bad day, or have a backlog of photos, or simply don't feel like sending one of my favourites out there.

The kind that, when I originally posted, required an apology in THE FIRST LINE.

* two months, to be precise (give or take a day, I suppose)

- 26th May 2005.

Original post follows:

******** ************************ ********

No comments on the quality of this photo, or rather the lack thereof, are required; there's another reason I posted this today aside from the obvious thematic link.

Yesterday I realised I'd run out of CD-Rs and stopped off to buy some on my way back from work.

Looking through the range of options, I opted for the cheapest no frills, bare bones drum. On picking it up, I realised there was a 'free gift' packaged with the CDs - none less than a rebranded L'espion mini digital camera.

Some of the menu settings are different, and the images look slightly different too - it's not exactly the same, but it's there in the event that my other (somewhat aged) L'espion packs in.

This is the first photo I've pulled off the new camera (which is, strangely, slightly bigger than the original L'espion). Rather than L'espion, the top right hand corner bears the logo 'Strand'.

No comments: