www.flickr.com

20050902

Alsace


Pour le Droit Back
Originally uploaded by teotwawki.
While I was in Paris last week, I made it a priority to go to the Marché aux Puces de la Porte de Vanves to look for photographs, as I'd heard that it was often quite good for photography. While browsing around the stalls, I came across one with postcards and spent a good half an hour looking through them in sheer wonderment.

I'm not sure when this was printed. Initially, I thought it was WWI era - my current feeling is that it might be interwar, twenties perhaps. Or maybe 1933, which would explain the number at the bottom left. I'm guessing.

I haven't managed to decipher the postcard in its entirety yet - what I have done is below. I would appreciate any help - and feel free to correct my French.

It's addressed to a Lucien someone - Meil, maybe?

--

Alsace

Le 25 Fevrier

Je suis toujour en bonne santé et desire que vous en ... de ... votre beau frere et oncle que vous embrace et qui...

Alsace

25th February

I am in good health always and wish for you to ... your beautiful brother and uncle who you embrace and who...

No comments: