www.flickr.com

20050225

Jellyfish


Jellyfish
Originally uploaded by teotwawki.
Bioluminescent jellyfish, taken at the aquarium at Budapester Strasse in Berlin, 2003. Don't forget that you can see the Canon shots in much larger format by clicking on them and visiting Flickr.

One place I would have loved to have been able to take photos in Berlin was the Film Museum - in particular a display of original storyboards, props etc from Das Kabinet Des Dr Caligari, which is one of my favourite films.

So after I'd bought a ticket I asked a member of staff * if I could take photos provided I didn't use flash. The answer was no - not only that, but the camera would have to be left in a locker in the lobby.

For the next couple of hours, I was followed around the museum by a man who I think was French Swiss - and his large flash gun equipped SLR which he used at every opportunity.

This was especially true at the exhibit of Marlene Dietrich memorabilia (mostly dresses), where he actually squealed with delight. His wife looked bored.

* the problem wasn't my bad German - there were signs saying that photography was not allowed. But it's always worth asking, right? Or not...

No comments: